This is part of my quarterly newsletter for Ormond By The Sea Florida.
· Work has begun on a beachside park in Ormond By The Sea, Florida at Roberta Road on the east side of A1A. Part of the same project includes approximately 1 acre on the west side of A1A at Carol Road that will provide additional parking for the park.
· Orlando Magic star and Mainland High School Graduate, Vince Carter, has opened a restaurant at 2150 LPGABlvd., just east of I-95 in Daytona Beach, Florida.
· Effective January 1, 2010, new identification requirements took effect for Florida residents getting a driver license or identification card. You will be required to visit a driver license office and show proof of: 1) identification, 2) Social Security number and 3) residential address (two items). Renewals can still be done via the Internet or mail, but only once between office renewals. Read the full press release at http://www.gathergoget.com/press/200912801.php
The Department encourages residents to visit the web site to speed through the process so they can make their transactions in one trip. For more information about the Gather.Go.Get. Campaign, or to see a full list of required documents, visit http://www.gathergoget.com/
· Sloppy Joe's Restaurant is now open at the Ocean Walk Shoppes on Atlantic Avenue, near the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach.
· When real estate values in Ormond By The Sea, Florida were increasing drastically several years ago, the property appraiser told you that the higher values would mean higher taxes so any objection to your tax bill would probably be fruitless. As the value of your property began to fall some of you saw your tax bill actually decrease. Values for this year will once again show a decline probably around 15% according to early "guesstimations" by the Volusia County Property Appraiser. But declining values may not mean a lower tax bill if the taxing authorities do not cut spending. If spending is not cut, tax rates will increase to cover the expenses of taxing authorities.
· Surfside Hotel and Suites at 251 South Atlantic Avenue in Ormond Beach is scheduled to be demolished beginning mid May 2010.
· Heffer's Twooo Cafe is now open at 1460 Ocean Shore Blvd at the Ocean Shore Plaza. They are open daily for breakfast and lunch.
· The Main Street CoquinaArch, built in 1926, is undergoing restoration that is scheduled to be completed in June. The gate way to the beach will have its structural supports replaced when it is determined how best to bring the Coquina back to its original look.
Have a great day
Ocean View Realty Group
1350 Ocean Shore Blvd. Suite A
Ormond Beach, FL 32176
Ormond By The Sea Florida sales and rentals of homes and condos www.ovrealty.com
Click the Realtor Logo below to search the Daytona Beach Florida area MLS anonymously.
Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ormond By The Sea Florida Vacation rental homes and condos information is at www.ormondbeachcondorentals.com
Serving Ormond Beach and Ormond By The Sea in the Daytona Beach Florida area from the same location since 1991.