Less Paper in My Real Estate Business
This is my submission to the Docusign/ActiveRain Challenge: Going paperless in your real estate business.
I was not able to participate in the previous challenge in February, 2011 but have been making significant progress in reducing paper in our everyday business operation.
Here are some of the significant things that help reduce our use of paper.
- We are using Docusign wherever possible to obtain signatures on listings and sales contracts, eliminating the need to print, scan, copy etc.
- QR codes are used on our office window and signs to allow direct connection to our web site information for general and specific property pages.
- Our bank statements and other invoices are electronic and we pay many of our bills online, rather than get paper statements and send checks.
- Mailchimp is used to send market information to those who have signed up, eliminating copying and mailing the information. Market data is also on our web site and updated at least monthly.
- A website was established for newsletters and property owners and others can access local information and that eliminate the need to print and mail the newsletter.
- Google Docs and Dropbox are used extensively allowing access to documents and
photos from anywhere and reducing the need to “print and carry” the documents and photos.
7. Email is now used to transmit “paperwork” to owners signing up for our long term and vacation rental programs, reducing the need to print and mail the information and forms.
One copy of each signed document is kept on file for each transaction. There are also folks who are not able to receive our electronic transmissions and we continue to use the old mail and paper process for them. We will continue to use the above methods and to look for other ways to reduce the use of paper, since we are more efficient and these changes are saving cost as well as time.
Have a great day
Ocean View Realty Group
1350 Ocean Shore Blvd. Suite A
Ormond Beach, FL 32176
Ormond By The Sea Florida sales and rentals of homes and condos www.ovrealty.com
Click the Realtor Logo below to search the Daytona Beach Florida area MLS anonymously.
Mail to email@example.com
Ormond By The Sea Florida Vacation rental homes and condos information is at www.ormondbeachcondorentals.com
Serving Ormond Beach and Ormond By The Sea in the Daytona Beach Florida area from the same location since 1991.